Hey guys. My name is Susanne Shaw and I am a proud stay at home mom. I have three beautiful kids; two boys and a daughter. My boys are only a few years apart and have yet to enter their teens. If you’re a mother or a parent with boys, you probably you know what it’s like to be cleaning 24/7. There are times when I feel like just locking them up and taking a day off, but we all know that’s not the solution.
“If you’re looking for all a complete powerhouse that can do it all, my recommendation for 2015 is the BISSELL CleanView Upright Vacuum with OnePass, 9595A. Not only does this vacuum have superior dust-collecting and storage, it also a breeze to maneuver.”
In the past few years, I have gone through a number of different vacuum cleaners in my attempts to keep the house from collapsing. I have learned a lot about various different products, including which vacuums work best for cleaning various household items. So I decided to create this website and make it easier for those parents, mothers and women who have to clean after their ‘children’! Yes, and I do mean of all ages.
In this website, you find all need to know about vacuum cleaners; not just vacuum cleaner reviews. Think of this site, as your one stop shop for all things related to vacuums. You will find guides on ‘how to clean’, special tips, information on accessories and attachments as well as the low-down on all the best brands and products in the cleaning world.
–AUTHOR’S CHOICE OF VACUUM CLEANERS: THE WINNERS (table)
Our Rating: (2550+ Customer Reviews on Amazon.com..)
The Hoover Series WindTunnel Pet Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum UH70210 has some amazing reviews and is packed with a plethora of features which will provide your home with the most clean environment and also protect your family from the harmful microbes that cause infections and allergies.
My Rating: 4.9/ 5
Our Rating: (3123+ Customer Reviews on Amazon.com..)
All in all, this vacuum cleaner is a great buy for its price and it is totally recommended by me. I can tell you this in full confidence as I have myself used this product. So, go ahead and grab this best seller.
My Rating: 4.8/ 5
Our Rating: (5117+ Customer Reviews on Amazon.com..)
The Black & Decker CHV1510 DustBuster 15.6 Volt Cordless Vacuum has many great reviews in ts kitty. It has earned a 4.5 star rating out of five and is among the list of top vacuum cleaners in the handheld stick vacuum category.
My Rating: 4.6/ 5
WHAT YOU NEED YO KNOW BEFORE YOU READ MY VACUUM GUIDE: TYPES OF VACUUMS
Before you think of buying a new vacuum cleaner, or reading my vacuum cleaner reviews, it is important to know about the different types of vacuum models available in the market. While one of the products might have impressive features which are highly appealing, it might not be fitting into your lifestyle or budget.
- Upright Vacuums: This is a traditional design but is very popular even now. The fact it costs lesser than the canister types. These are associated with providing a much wider cleaning in comparison to canisters. They especially tend to be highly suitable for deep-cleaning of carpets and can be conveniently stored. Every time you have to clean the floor or the carpet you have to drag the whole machine back and forth. There are some of the top performing models which weigh even more than 20 pounds. Also, these are very noisy.
- Canister Vacuums: Even these vacuums do the cleaning work just as well as the uprights. Also it is found that the canisters work amazingly well at removing pet hair which can be a big nuisance. Canisters are much better than uprights for the purpose of cleaning drapes, bare floors, under furniture and upholstery. Also, these can be conveniently handled on the stairs. Most of these are quieter in comparison to other models. You will just have to move the power head and hose and not the complete machine. The vacuum cleaner is very bulky and heavier than an upright. It is also very inconvenient to store this because of the wand and the hose.
- Central Vacuums: These ones are very convenient but are very pricey. Also, you will need professional help for the purpose of installation. These ones are much easier to use in comparison to the canisters. You only have to carry the power head and hose and you don’t need to pull along the vacuum body. They are also very quiet and you don’t have to empty them frequently. They are associated with 30-foot hose and this can be cumbersome. Also, it will require large storage space. There is absence of storage place for cleaning tools.
- Hand vacuums: These are miniature electric models and are available with or even without a power cord. These are light, handy and efficient in cleaning surfaces, bare floors and also some can clean pet hair from upholstery. Also, these are of great help in cleaning the exteriors of your car.They lack the capacity and the power of the full-sized model
–KNOW MORE: READ MY VACUUM CLEANER REVIEWS !
Hoover Bagged Upright
VACUUM CLEANERS GUIDE: THE KEY FEATURES TO LOOK FOR IN MY REVIEWS
It can be a tough task to narrow down the options and find a product which is sturdy, easy to clean and use. The only problem you will face is with the wide variety available which gets very taxing to zero in on the ideal model. The following are the key features to look for in my vacuum cleaner reviews:
- ADD-ON TOOLS: You will be surprised to find out that there are several brands boasting of the free tools which they offer and help in making your life far easier. But you definitely need to think twice before indulging in the purchase of these add-ons. Basically, the extras which you require the most are an upholstery brush, crevice tool and for dusting you need a round brush. You will find that the Canister vacuums come with a power nozzle for the purpose of increasing the suction power. These are some of those essential accessories which are more than enough for the cleaning task. Thus, if you get to know of those different types of attachments having strange names or may be two entirely dissimilar sizes for every attachment, then you need to stay away from all these extra accessories as these are simply a publicity stunt for hiking up the product price.
- REACH: You need to pay attention to the fact that longer the attachment reach of the vacuum cleaner the more is the utility of that model. Reach refers to the suction hose’s length, which also includes the hose extensions.
- BARE-FLOOR SPECIFIC OPTION: When it is claimed that the vacuum cleaner is well suited to clean the bare floors efficiently, it basically means that it has those impressive features which are of great help in improving its competence with bare floors like a shut-off (manually) for the vacuum brush, nozzle head height adjustment and much more. So if there is a vacuum with no suction height adjustment or the capability of switching off the beater head, then it is definitely not designed for cleaning of the bare floor.
- BRUSH AGITATOR: You will find that beneath the vacuum cleaner machine, there is a roller brush and it also has bristles on it. This brush is generally for extending over a large area and then for spinning when the cleaner is switched on. It is of immense help in dislodging grime, dust and dirt from that thick pile carpet. So it is to be noted that those models which do not have the option of turning it off can’t be used on the floors which are hard. It will lead to scratching and damaging the finishing. So basically, if there is a switch for turning the agitator brush, then it will allow you to promptly move from the area which is carpeted to bare floor. Also, if you have your control on the brush, then it will allow you to clean rugs, upholstery, bedspreads and much more.
- HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT: You need to be careful about one thing that not every carpet is of the same feel or depth. You will find out that there are few carpets which have a deep pile and also there are others having a near bare surface. So, for ensuring utmost cleaning efficiency, it is very important that you make sure that you are changing the machine’s height. There are a few newer models which truly adjust the height of the machine automatically and this takes place according to the surface area which you are moving across.
- DIRT SENSOR: So it is a well established fact that the vacuum is not going to find and wipe out filth on its own. Dirt Sensors enhance the capacity of a vacuum cleaner to effectively alert the users when the machine isn’t picking up dirt.
- EASY ON AND OFF: It is very important that when you are purchasing a vacuum cleaner, you should be able to easily find the power switch. Just make sure that you are able to put the power on or off easily without much bending down.
- FILTERS: Each vac company claims to have the best vacuum cleaner and promises that it can perform a better job in comparison to the others in removing allergens easily from the exhaust air. Some of them say that they utilize bags and help in maintaining fresher air. On the other hand, there are others which claim that they use filters for cleaning the air up. You need to learn few facts so that you can decide for yourself which product is perfect.There are filters of micron level which are able to offer filtration of high level followed by normal filters. Obviously, the micron bags are able to offer better filtration. You need to always keep in mind that High Efficiency Particulate Air or HEPA filtration is the best. These are special filters which are designed for all those who have asthma or allergies. These filters can actually be of great help in reducing emissions.
- EDGE CLEANING: Both upright and canister models offer the feature of edge cutting and these can truly pick up the rubbish from side of the cleaning head. This is of great help in providing end to end cleaning, be it on bare floor or carpets.
- BAG LEVEL INDICATOR: An indicator light indicating full capacity of the bag is very important for loss of performance and power. You must remember that the fuller your machine will get, the lesser will be the suction. If you go for bag-less versions, then you must opt for the canister design which is see-through.
- LIGHTS: Having headlamp or lights is of great help in enhancing the visibility especially under furniture. Usually it is witnessed that all the upright models have this feature.
- RETRACTABLE CORD: Usually it is seen in the canister vacuums, there is a retractable cord and this allows you to rewind the complete cord with the help of push button. Since it is seen that a vacuum cleaner cord can easily extend over a distance of 20 or 30 feet, this feature helps in saving a lot of your precious time after a long tiring day. The best part is that you do not have to get hassled with winding the cord
- SELF PROPULSION: You can obviously not expect the vacuum cleaner to drive itself or to come with an automatic gear. There are robotic vacuums which do not clean the whole room on their own but these machines are simply automated. Self propulsion is an amazing feature which is of great help in pushing and pulling the vacuum. This reduces the effort which needs to be exerted by the user. But this amazing feature makes your machine bulky and the machine not suitable for stair cleaning.
- SUCTION CONTROL: Also, you need to pay attention to the suction produced by cleaner in the hose. Having a lot of suction is important but the inability of regulating it means that you will not be able to use the vacuum with different kinds of rugs, upholstery, carpets, curtains etc. You must remember that at the end of the day it is important to have a vacuum cleaner which can efficiently clean your house. Not all the features mentioned here are necessary. Having a reliable machine even if it is not that technologically advanced is not at all a bad deal.
KNOW MORE: FIND THE BEST VACUUM CLEANER FOR YOUR NEEDS TODAY!
Here are few of the other things which you should keep in mind when going through my vacuum cleaner reviews:
- Check the features: You must look for a brush on/off switch which is of immense help in protecting the finishing of exposed floors and these will effectively avoid scattered debris. So the presence of motorized brush helps in cleaning carpets far better than suction. Also, the manual pile-height adjustment feature is very helpful which can be easily matched to carpets in a far better way in comparison to automatic and for the purpose of cleaning draperies and delicate fabric suction control is important.
- Consider bag less carefully: Bag-less vacuums are very economical as these help in saving the extra costs associated with the bags. But these will still need filters and periodic cleaning. Especially those people who are suffering from asthma or allergies need to be careful as all the mess and dust resulting due to emptying the bins can be a grave matter of worry
- Try it out: Even if you wish to place an online order, you need to go to a store. Pull, push, lift and turn those models which you are considering. You must check the features and controls.
- Know about the noise: Some of the noisiest vacuums were found to produce noise levels of about 85 decibels which is within the recommended hearing limits. But you must consider that the vacuum will be much louder in a room due to echo, like in a tiled bathroom. Canister vacuums are generally found to be quiet.
- Watch for sales: You must look for discounts and offers especially around the holiday season. But for high-end brands like Eureka, Bissell and Hoover, you will not have to wait till any holiday. You can keep a watch on the store circulars for recurrent sales on some of the popular brands all round the year.